12/14/08

I might be crazy but I don't care


Last weekend we attended a holiday charity event benefiting the Boys and Girls Club of Palm Beach.  It was a great night full of great food, drink, dancing & holiday cheer to raise money for a very good cause. Upon walking in, we saw him. The cutest little tiny baby beagle puppy in the arms of a young girl volunteering for the event.  Obviously this little pup was there for the live auction and when we laid eyes upon his cuteness we instantly fell in love.  Mind you, we already have two dogs and no desire to add a third but when that auctioneer started babbling his auctioneer chatter, something happened to my arm and it lifted high in the air!  My husband looked at me and I said "Is this ok?"  "It sure is" was his reply.  We were in love with that little beagle the two of us silly dog lovers.  After a few battles back and forth for the cutest auction item of the night, we found ourselves the lucky new owners of this beagle that we now call "Tebow".  We could not bring him home that night as he was only 5 weeks old and needed some more time with his mommy and brothers and sisters.  We did get to visit him yesterday though, to play with him, introduce our kids to him and let him know how we are anxiously awaiting his homecoming.  It would have made a great surprise Christmas present for my boys, but I just couldn't possibly keep such a precious little secret like that from them.  We pick him up on Sunday the 21st of December and I think he will bring some added joy to our home. I can't wait.... Isn't he cute?

No comments: