1/21/09

Fitness Wednesday: Excercise Videos

I am hearing a lot about this new workout video called the P90X and I am considering trying it out. It's claims to transform your body in only 90 days. Apparently it works by using "muscle confusion" constantly adding new moves to trick your muscles and thus avoiding the "plateau effect". It also introduces new routines to keep you and your muscles from getting bored. It is a combination of weight training, resistance, yoga & cardio using resistance bands. It also offers nutritional meals and advice on using supplements. At $120 with a 90 day money back guarantee, it doesn't sound so bad, that is if you are really motivated to do it. All you need is some resistance bands and a place where you can do pull ups and a mindset of success. Anyone try this? I will let you know if I decide to give it a whirl. I would love to hear your comments if you or anyone you know has tried it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friends just started it last Tuesday, but I haven't gotten any feedback from her. I'll let you know if I hear anything. We actually just got the Wii Fit. I'm not a consistant exerciser (is that a word?) so it has been fun to learn a few things. I know it may not totally count as excercising, but it is fun, and it is easy to track my progress. My kids like it too! Thanks for the Health tip Wednesdays :)

Anonymous said...

CareyAnn, you are welcome! Oh and yes you are the winner of the new years resolution post. Are you shocked LOL ?

Anonymous said...

Haha! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Oh...I so wanted a live drawing though :) Hehe!