1/26/09

In honor of Joyce Mahoney

I lost my aunt in 2007 to heart disease.  She was a special person to me not just because she was my aunt, but because she holds a special place in my heart.  She took me on my first trip to Europe and taught me how to sew as a little girl. Every day that I sit at my sewing machine I am reminded of her.  When my son came home from school the other day with a packet for Jump Rope for Heart, he was eager to get right to raising money.  We talked about Aunt Joyce and about the importance of the American Heart Association and how keeping fit and healthy can help to prevent heart disease. He decided on a goal that he wanted to reach so I helped him set up his own personal web page to raise money.  I am so proud of him and the interest he has in helping others! It is great that the schools do things like this to raise money for a good cause, but also to teach kids about charity and the importance of medical research and keeping healthy for life!  If you are interested and would like to learn more or donate to the American Heart Association, please click here.

No comments: